- Said in his inaugural address that he would not appoint African Americans to federal jobs
- When asked why he remove people of color from federal positions he said “this of people would always be farmers”
- Said he would not interfere in “domestic affairs” of Southern states
- Taft removed most black office holders in the South
- Enacted the Mann Act or “white slave traffic act” which prohibits the interstate or international transport of women for “immoral purposes” . This act was used over and over again to punish black men for their relationships with white women
Another Republican President that turned a blind eye to the struggles of Blacks in America.